In the coming weeks you will likely begin to see a wealth of information regarding the new EIDT (children) and ADDT (adult) programs which cover services for the special needs population in the state of Arkansas. We want you to know that because The Learning Center has always taken our role of providing you with the highest quality and best practice services as our top priority, we fully support these new regulations. We not only already meet these new standards; but, in many cases exceed them. We take our jobs very seriously and plan to continue our tradition of providing only the highest quality services for your family member. Thank you for entrusting us with their care.
THE LEARNING CENTER OF NORTHEAST ARKANSAS (TLC), A CELEBRATED NOT FOR PROFIT TRADITION FOR OVER 35 YEARS HAS BEEN ABLE TO ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS IN LARGE PART BECAUSE OF OUR OUTSTANDING COMMUNITY SUPPORT!
• TLC RECEIVES COMMUNITY SUPPORT FROM A NUMBER OF LOCAL ORGANIZATIONS INCLUDING UCP, AG FOR AUTISM, JONESBORO MASONIC LODGE, UNITED WAY OF NORTHEAST ARKANSAS, CDBG, AND MANY OTHER INDIVIDUALS AND ORGANIZATIONS. THIS SUPPORT ALLOWS US TO PROVIDE EXTRA SERVICES, EXTRA TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES AS WELL AS SPECIALIZED SERVICES ABOVE WHAT OUR FUNDING PROVIDES.
• TLC PROVIDES DEVELOPMENTAL TREATMENT SERVICES AS WELL AS INPATIENT AND OUTPATIENT THERAPY SERVICES TO PRESCHOOL AGED CHILDREN AND DEVELOPMENTAL TREATMENT SERVICES TO ADULTS.
• TLC PERFORMS ANNUAL PHYSICAL, OCCUPATIONAL, SPEECH AND DEVELOPMENTAL EVALUATIONS.
• TLC PROVIDES TRANSPORTATION USING OUR OWN BUSES AND EMPLOYEES AT NO COST TO THE INDIVIDUALS OR THEIR FAMILIES.
• TLC PROVIDES MEALS AND SNACKS PREPARED IN HOUSE AT NO COST TO THE INDIVIDUALS OR THEIR FAMILIES.
• TLC HAS A BOARD-CERTIFIED BEHAVIOR ANALYST AND REGISTERED BEHAVIOR TECHNICIANS ON STAFF PROVIDING ABA SERVICES.
• TLC HAS ALWAYS HAD A NURSE ON STAFF.
• TLC EXCEEDS REQUIRED STAFF TO CHILD RATIOS BY MAINTAINING A 1:4 RATIO IN AGES BIRTH TO 3 AND A 1:5 RATIO IN AGES 3-5.
• TLC WORKS UNDER A COOPERATIVE AGREEMENT WITH THE STATE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION AND MEETS THE REQUIREMENTS UNDER IDEA FOR CHILDREN AGES 3-5 WHICH INCLUDES EMPLOYING CERTIFIED TEACHERS.
• TLC HAS 11 SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGISTS (SLP), 7 PHYSICAL THERAPISTS (PT), AND 6 OCCUPATIONAL THERAPISTS (OT) ON STAFF. THERAPISTS HAVE NUMEROUS SPECIALIZED TRAINING CERTIFICATIONS INCLUDING 4 SLPS WHO ARE THE ONLY CERTIFIED PROMPT THERAPISTS IN THE STATE OF ARKANSAS. SLPS ARE ORAL BECKMANN FEEDING TRAINED AND MULTIPLE THERAPISTS HAVE FOOD CHAINING TRAINING. TLC HAS A SLP WHO IS A CERTIFIED ADOS EVALUATOR. AMONG OUR THERAPISTS, 4 OF OUR PTS AND 3 OF OUR OTS HAVE COMPLETED THE 8 WEEK NDT CERTIFICATE COURSE AND NDT/C IN PEDIATRICS WITH ONE HOLDING INFANT SPECIALIZATION AS WELL. THERAPISTS ALL HAVE EXTRA SENSORY TRAINING INCLUDING THE ASTRONAUT BOARD, LISTENING THERAPY, AND BRUSHING.
IN THE 2016-2017 FISCAL YEAR CHILDREN WERE ABLE TO RECEIVE THESE QUALITY SERVICES.
OVER 150 PHYSICAL THERAPY EVALUATIONS, 135 OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY EVALUATIONS, 250 SPEECH THERAPY EVALUATIONS, AND 200 DEVELOPMENTAL EVALUATIONS WERE PROVIDED.
OVER 5,000 DIRECT HOURS OF INDIVIDUAL PHYSICAL THERAPY, 4,500 DIRECT HOURS OF INDIVIDUAL OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY, AND 10,000 HOURS OF INDIVIDUAL SPEECH THERAPY WERE PROVIDED.
ON A WEEKLY BASIS APPROXIMATELY 210 CHILDREN AND 45 ADULTS ARE RECEIVING SERVICES AT TLC.
THANK YOU, JONESBORO COMMUNITY!
"To Empower and Enhance the Lives of the Developmentally Disabled and Their Families by Providing Quality Services and Advocacy."
In the event of inclement weather, listen to Fox 104.9 or watch KAIT for updates and information regarding closings. Remember, we are listed as The Learning Center of NEA.
Food Service RFP
Child Development Center Food Service RFP
USDA Food Program
Preschool Program The Learning Center’s preschool program serves children from birth to five years of age with developmental delays. Qualified staff members provide the preschooler with an opportunity to develop physically, socially, emotionally, and intellectually. Professional staff members realize that
2017-2018 Calendar Click to download Printable Format (PDF) July 3-7, 2017 ALL PROGRAMS CLOSED (CHILD CARE OPEN) July 10– August 2, 2017 ALL PRESCHOOL PROGRAMS OPEN August 3-11, 2017 ALL PROGRAMS CLOSED August 14-31, 2017 ALL PROGRAMS OPEN September 4,